Digital displays at 121 South Main Street are maintained by the SPH Office of Communications, in cooperation with the SPH Office of Education and Student Services. All slides submitted for digital displays are subject to the review and approval of the SPH Office of Communications. Slides should conform to Brown University and SPH branding, and be of general interest to the broader School of Public Health community.
The 121 South Main Street building has horizontal displays in these locations:
- 2nd floor hallway outside elevators
- 2nd floor outside room 245 *
- 3rd floor hallway outside elevators
- 3rd floor student lounge *
- 4th floor hallway outside elevators
- 4th floor inside reception area* (smaller screen)
- 6th floor hallway outside elevators
- 7th floor hallway outside elevators
- 8th floor hallway outside elevators
- 9th floor hallway outside elevators
Additionally, we have one vertical display:
- First Floor lobby
* Note: the three non-hallway horizontal screens are informally designated "student spaces" and are configured to show extra content which is primarily of interest to students (ie, timesheet reminders, library research info, etc).
By default, event slides are scheduled to display for one week to ten days before the start of an event, appear on the slideshow on all displays at all hours, and come down 15 minutes before the end of the event. This duration may vary depending on how many slides are in the slideshow.
Special requests: You may request slides to run on one display, all displays, or any combination of displays. For example, for a lecture in Room 245, you can request that one display to override the slideshow and display only your slide for 15 minutes before the lecture and during the lecture.
Share a slide in Canva …
The easiest way to share a slide is to build it in Canva and share it with firstname.lastname@example.org. Ken will copy, size, and scale the graphic to fit display requirements. You do not have to worry about technical specs; Ken will edit the Canva file to meet specifications. If you have special requests (ie, only show on certain displays, certain days of the week, etc), share that information in an email to email@example.com. By default, all slides show on all signs starting one week to ten days before the event.
… or submit finished artwork
If you submit finished artwork, please conform to the specifications below. Email the slide to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have special requests (ie, only show on certain signs, certain days of the week, etc), share that information in the email. By default, all slides show on all displays starting one week to ten days before the event.
- All signs are 16:9 ratio. Minimum size is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Keep in mind that slides only show for 10 seconds. Please don’t include more text than can be read in a short period of time.
- You may include a QR code for registration or more information. The QR code doesn’t have to be very large.
- The horizontal displays are 4k resolution, so they can accept graphics up to 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- The vertical display is only HD, so there’s no point in creating artwork larger than 1080 x 1920 pixels for the vertical sign.
- Slides may be jpeg, PNG, PDF, or even .mov or .mp4 movie files. Movies should not last longer than 12 seconds.